BROCHURE AND CATALOGUE PRINTING
TRUSTED BY PRINT PROFESSIONALS
- Full service provided: design, print and mailing
- Consistently competitive pricing
- Reliable delivery and quality
- Fast, flexible and responsive turnaround
- All the advice and support you need
Trusted by the Design industry
28% of our growing trade clients are marketing agencies and graphic designers, and they use our print and mailing services time and time again. If you’re a designer, why not make use of our free advice on paper stocks and specialist print finishing?
Our brochure binding types:
- Staple-bound (saddle stitching) - a binding technique where brochure sheets are folded, layered on top of each other and then bound together using fine wire staples. Ideal for brochures that feature between 8 - 64 pages, if your page count is above this then perfect binding may be the better option, depending on your choice of paper stock. You can choose between self-cover brochures and brochures with covers. If you’re unsure which options to choose to get the result you’re looking for, do get in touch and we’ll be happy to advise you.
Ideal for: travel brochures, annual reports, university prospectuses, lookbooks etc
- Perfect bound - this binding technique sees the pages glued into the spine of your brochure. Unlike staple binding, a perfect bound brochure doesn’t lie flat when opened out but can accommodate several hundred pages, depending on the paper stock. Self-cover isn’t an option with perfect binding. When specifying your covers you can add your choice of lamination and other special print finishes to provide protection and enhance the overall design. We always recommend cover lamination unless you’ve chosen uncoated paper.
Ideal for: medium to large artbooks, entertainment magazines, fashion magazines, annual reports etc. with a spine width of at least 3mm.
- PUR bound - is a form of perfect binding that uses a stronger, Polyurethane Reactive adhesive (hence the term PUR) to hold heavier or large numbers of pages securely in the spine. We recommend PUR binding on all paper stocks of 130 gsm or above. Because PUR is so strong and pliable less adhesive is required to hold the cover and pages in place. This is particularly relevant if your brochure has a high page count or uses thicker stock because it results in a more compact spine shape, giving you a crisp, square, professional appearance. It also prevents the spine from cracking due to PUR’s superior flexibility, increasing shelf life and durability.
Ideal for: school textbooks, artbooks, car manuals, interior design brochures etc
- All three brochure types can feature gloss, UV varnish, foiling or soft-touch lamination to further enhance your brochure’s vivid colours and eye-catching artwork.
We guarantee quality, consistent printed paper stock
The key to any successful brochure, prospectus or catalogue is the impact of the images you use. Our house stock has been selected for its sharpness, whiteness and smoothness. It means we can consistently deliver the high-quality finish you’re looking for.
GET MORE FROM YOUR PRINT
Why not select one of the following to make your brochure really stand out.
Gloss lamination – not to be confused with gloss paper, is a tough, high sheen coating that will add durability to your printed brochure, and make colours appear richer to create an attention-seeking cover that can be wiped clean.
Matt lamination with Spot gloss UV varnish - this coating combines the protection of laminate without the uniform sheen of gloss lamination. Instead, UV varnish is applied to specific areas on an otherwise matt cover to draw attention to key words or design features. Used skillfully, it can really make your brochure covers pop.
Clear ink – for digitally printed brochures, our market-leading HP Indigos can highlight text and outline features using clear ink for a more cost-effective finish than spot gloss UV varnish on smaller print runs.
Soft-touch lamination – features a matt finish that is soft to the touch for extra tactility. It is often associated with premium brands and engages the senses as well as the eyes. Because it isn’t as widely used as other laminates, it will make your brochure stand out for all the right reasons.
Anti-scuff lamination – as the name implies, anti-scuff lamination, will help protect your brochure from knocks and scratches. We recommend it as an alternative to matt laminate for solid dark colours in particular, as they’re more likely to show up fingerprints and other marks that will spoil your covers over time.
Foiling - also known as foil blocking can be used to great effect on your brochure covers, especially when combined with embossing. Use it to pick out your company logo or product name against a solid colour for a high-class finish.
COMBINING THE BENEFITS
You can increase enquiry conversion and elevate your collateral to a league of its own through your choice of coatings and print finishes. Gloss finishes enhance the vibrancy of colours and images and by laminating your covers you will prevent cracking at the folds or the spine, so that your brochures stay looking fabulous for longer. We provide a range of services to help you get more from your printed brochures, and our advice is free!
Get a Quote for Your Brochures
Our team are on hand to help with all your brochure printing requirements. Either call us, or send us an email via our quote page and we'll be happy to help with everything you need.
FULL-COLOUR BROCHURE PRINTING
Our priority is creating quality printed brochures, on budget and delivered on time. We are a family-run business that takes great pride in the work we produce. Our house stock arrives direct from the mill and we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. Being part of SMETA adds a level of prestige and quality guarantee when you partner with us. It assures you that our employment and business practices, health and safety procedures and our environmental approach have all been externally audited and that we have committed to continuous improvement.
Our clients include well-known names and premium brands across a wide range of sectors, including education, charities, theatre, retail, sports and leisure, finance and legal firms, travel, hospitality, and manufacturing. Take a look at our Case Studies for more information.
WE MAKE PRINT EASY
It’s true that Bishops Printers is largest B2 sheet-fed Heidelberg lithographic print operation in Europe and one the most well-equipped printers in the south, but as a family-run business we value the personal touch.
We understand that you’re busy and not everyone is a print expert, which is why we give you an account manager to handle your design, print and mailing from start to finish. Talk to us and we’ll personalise our account management style to suit you. Whether you need off-the-shelf or bespoke printing requirements, we’re all about making your print and mailing nice and easy.
If you want your brochure, prospectus or catalogue to lie flat when you open it out, we recommend you opt for saddle stitch (staple) binding.
Be aware that once you get beyond 64-80 pages (depending on the paper stock) your brochure or catalogue will become too bulky to fold neatly using saddle stitch binding.
If you’re producing a high-end brochure or annual report and the spine will be at least 3mm wide, perfect binding will add to the perception of quality, authority and professionalism
With perfect bound brochures, make sure your designer prepares the artwork so that page content isn’t sucked into the spine and images that spread across adjacent pages aren’t distorted.
If you have a high page count or choose paper stock of 130 gsm or more, we recommend PUR binding, for a more robust and durable brochure or catalogue
Print is a tactile, sensual experience. Your decision on paper stock needs to reflect the feeling and perception you want to achieve with your publication.
Just a quick email to let you know that we are delighted with the Roald Dahl brochures! They are so vibrant and exactly what we were after. Thank you again and looking forward to working with you on the next project!
Just to say a massive thank you as the brochures arrived today and they look great. Everyone is really pleased with them- I think the matt black works really well on the front and thanks for getting them to us ahead of schedule
Just to say that I am delighted with the catalogue and your service. It will spur me on to bigger and better things I am sure.
I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your hard work towards getting these jobs done on time. The quality of the brochures and service I have received has been outstanding. I will most definitely be contacting you for future quotes.