Jargon Buster

Print terminology can be confusing and intimidating when you don’t understand it. If you can’t find the term you’re looking for, please call us on 023 9233 4900 and we’ll be pleased to help.

Offset printing

A method in which the plate or cylinder transfers an ink image to an offset or transfer roller, which then transfers the image to stock.


Computer-based system that enables us to track your print or mailing job through every stage of the production process, from quotation to dispatch. 


A term used to describe all of the processes which prepare a job for the printing stage.

Outline paths

A term used when converting a font or graphic into a mathematical vector format. Can also be called 'curves'.


Copies printed in excess of the quantity specified in the order.