Jargon buster

Print terminology can be confusing and intimidating. It's one of the reasons you'll always be able to speak to someone over the phone at Bishops to help you.


The adjustment of spacing between certain letter pairs, A and V for example, to obtain a more pleasing appearance.


To die-cut but not all the way through the paper - commonly used for peel off stickers.


A shape or object printed by eliminating (knocking out) all background colours.

Kraft paper

A tough brown paper used for packing.