Jargon buster

Print terminology can be confusing and intimidating. It's one of the reasons you'll always be able to speak to someone over the phone at Bishops to help you.

Job ticket / job sheet

Alternate names for a works order. Bishops Printers uses a job ticket to track your job as it moves around the factory.


To shake a stack of papers, either on a machine or by hand, so that the edges line up. Also referred to as knocking-up.


Joint Photographic Electronic Group. A common standard for compressing image data.


Text which is flush to both the left and right margins.