Jargon buster

Print terminology can be confusing and intimidating. It's one of the reasons you'll always be able to speak to someone over the phone at Bishops to help you.

'A' sized paper

Paper sizes are based on dimensions of a large A0 sheet. Letterheads are commonly produced on A4 sized paper.


Abbreviation for artwork.


A thin flexible sheet of transparent plastic used to make overlays.

Against the grain

At right angles to the grain direction to the paper.

Art paper

A common term used to describe a range of smooth papers with a filled surface.